Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pink Bicycle

I recently tried the new burger joint in Victoria called Pink Bicycle with a tasty outcome! The space is airy and funky with hardwood floors and modern décor. On first visit I tried the classic beef burger with the addition of caramelized onions and garlic mushrooms. The patty was moist and flavorful and not over-seasoned. Buns are provided by bon Bon’s bakery right next door and they are a good accompaniment to the burger. The homemade onion rings are delightful – the batter yields a satisfying crunch. Service is attentive and polite. Pink Bicycle sources the majority of its ingredients from the bounty of Vancouver Island with yummy results. On my second visit I tried the lamb burger which came with a generous delicious topping of outstanding blue cheese – I failed to detect the apricot chutney that was supposed to be on there but enjoyed the burger nonetheless. Again the patty was of ample size, moist and seasoned enough to bring out the flavor but not too much to overpower the meat. A refreshing salad of local greens accompanied my burger off-setting any heaviness. I washed it all down with a lovely Vancouver Island Pilsner ale.

Pink Bicycle will definitely be a regular part of my dining out repertoire because, dog gone it, sometimes a girl just craves a good burger! There are tempting veggie burger choices for those that don’t do meat. There are also some amazing salads like the poached pear spinach salad. For dessert is the epinonymous pink lemonade cheesecake. I am not a cheesecake person but my friend declared it delicious.

No comments: